Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 2012 Birchbox




January 2012 was my first Birchbox. I couldn't have been happier with the samples I got. Here are the goods..

Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink- This sample was a (very cute) mini tube lip gloss .06fl. oz.. The color was a shockingly bright pink color in the tube but goes on surprisingly sheer and gives you a very light wash of color. This is my first time trying this brand and I have to say I was pretty impressed. I normally like light/ more neutral gloss colors and I was pretty surprised at how much I liked this color. I have already purchased another mid-size gloss in this color (for $8) from the Birchbox site.

Juicy Couture- Juicy Couture- This sample came in a mini spray atomizer. I have tried a sample of this sweet floral perfume before and didn't really care for it so I gave the sample to my mom who really liked it. 

VMV Hypoallergenics- Re-Everything: Eye Serum- This was a super generous 12ml glass bottle sample! For me, this was the best sample in this month's box. This eye serum can also do double duty on any fine lines/wrinkles you have. The eye serum is the best eye cream/serum I have used but it is a bit pricey ($80 for 30ml). I might have to save up my birchbox points to use towards a full size bottle when I am done with my current eye cream.

Zoya- Nail Polish in Kristen- This was another very generous sample.. .25fl.oz.. I absolutely love the bluish gray color. It is part of Zoya's new Feel Collection. I would have probably bought a full-size of  this product had I seen it at my local Ulta. Love Zoya nail polishes!

Lifestyle Extra- Larabar (minibar)- I got a Cherry Pie one which was not my cup of tea.. but after reading about the brand I did go out and buy the brownie one which I highly recommend! Love the all natural ingredients in these bars.

So glad I took the plunge and subscribed to Birchbox! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment