Thursday, July 12, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox


This is the June 2012 "Jet Set" themed Birchbox. I apologize for the sideways pic... I took the picture on my phone and it refuses to be turned around. Here are the goods..

Comodynes Self- Tanning Intensive Towelettes- I received two towelette packets. Each packet is supposed to tan your entire body. I always like receieving tanning products and I had been wanting to try this brand out. Full size retails for 14.99 (for a pack of 8).

Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask- This is a paper mask that is supposed to shrink pores. I can't tell any difference in my pore mask after one use but I liked that this was a hydrating mask that left my skin nice and soft. I would consider purchasing this product in the future. Fulll size of this product retails for 24 (not sure how many packets in a box).

Stila One Step Bronze- I received a full-sized of this product which is always quite nice. It is a three-n-one product that works as a bronzer, primer, and serum. From the Birchbox info card " It also keeps your skin's oil in check. I liked this product but it was a bit too glittery for everyday (perfect for an evening out though). Full size retails for 36.

theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen- This product can be use as a cheek or lip stain. This is my favorite sample in this month's box. It says on the Birchbox site that Beauty Queen is a dark pink color but it looks red to me. I like to use this product as a cheek stain but it does look really nice as a lip stain too. This sheer gel imparts a nice natural looking blush color when used on your cheeks. I immediately placed an order on the Birchbox site for a full size Stainiac in Beauty Queen as well as an additional Stainiac in Homecoming Queen (a peach stain). There is one more Stainiac color called Prom Queen which is a light pink stain. I will be purchasing that in my next Birchbox order. This product retails for 17.

Lifestyle Extra

tili bags- This cute printed zip bags are pretty cute. I alway carry my beauty products in boring ziploc bags and I thought these were a cute way to carry my makeup essentials. I have purchased a pack of these bags on the Birchbox website. A pack of nine, gallon-sized bags retails for 8.49 (larger size available also).

Birchbox Man Extra

John Varvatos Star USA- This perfume sample was included in honor of Father's Day (and to promote the Birchbox Man monthly box).  My dad liked the sample but said that this cologne's scent faded quickly. Full size cologne retails for 55-70.



No comments:

Post a Comment