Thursday, July 12, 2012

May 2012 Gossip Girl Birchbox



For the month of May Birchbox teamed up with Gossip Girl to produce a Gossip Girl themed box. Here are the goods..

Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream- This was a very generous sample tub which I am saving to try on an upcoming trip. I am always happy to try out new moisturizers and I have been hearing good reviews of this brand.  Full size of this product retails for 94.

Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara- I don't really use Mascara so I will be gifting this sample to a friend. I would like to note that this is a decent sized sample. Full size of this product retails for 28.50.

Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum- The Birchbox info card says "Chic and feminine, this longtime favorite is a gorgeous bouquet of floral notes deepened by a touch of patchouli".  I dislike anything patchouli scented so this perfume just wasn't for me. I gifted the sample to my mom who really liked the scent. Retails for 62-102.

Kerastase Age Premium Bain Substanif- 1 oz shampoo. It says on the sample bottle that this shampoo is for "mature" hair. I really like the scent of this shampoo but it is quite pricey and I don't see myself shelling out 36 (retail) for shampoo.

Lifestyle Extras-

Kerastase Age Premium Masque Substantif- Came in a sample packet. I love to use hair masks weekly so I was pretty excited to try this out. This is a great conditioning hair mask which made my hair less frizzy and fairly smooth. I would consider purchasing this product again (although it is pretty pricey). The full-size retails for 60.

Notecard- which says XOXO.. I thought that this was a cute extra and tied in well to the Gossip Girl theme. I watch a lot of youtube videos where people complained about this extra but I really liked the card.

All in all, I thought this was a decent box even though I gave away a couple of the items. Not as good as the Teen Vogue collaboration in March but still pretty good.

Happy Summer Everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment